Saturday, March 15, 2008

The fake idea about Japan


I've been living now for more than a year in Japan, my wife is Japanese, I work in a Japanese company, so I believe I'm deeply into the Japanese life !

Many people in the world are amazed with this country, the first thought that comes when you talk about Japan is TECHNOLOGY, hahahaha ! I'm sorry this word make me always laugh !

TECHNOLOGY: interesting concept that unfortunately Japaneses don't really understand !
You probably think I'm crazy to tell that technology doesn't represent Japan but if you come here you will understand fast what I mean.

I agree that most of the amazing electronic stuff comes from Japan ! the problem is that inside the houses, people don't use it ! You will probably see more Japanese electronics outside Japan. Also when you think about it ! Apple is American, they put on the market the most advanced technology, they really change the way people think ! (yes I love apple).

The main problem of Japaneses electronic company is that they scare of taking any risk, especially in Japan ! also the lifestyle in Japan is way different that European or north American lifestyle !

If you believe that mobile are more advanced here that other part of the world ! you will be surprise, yes you can see hd TV on a mini screen, yes you can chat in the mobile ! but they still have the same concept, SMALL and Portable !
In Europe we use the phone to call or organize ourself, in Japanese they use it to play or chat, they don't call often, the talking plans are very low compare to text messaging plan !

Anyway... I love Japan but certainly not for technology !


To be continued........

DK

No comments: